- Five percent of the total print volume – two-digit growth opportunities in digital inkjet printing
- Asia the market with the strongest growth – followed by Europe and the USA
- Heidelberg subsidiary Gallus continues to expand its digital product portfolio for label printing
- Over twenty Gallus Labelfire digital printing systems already sold worldwide
- Digitization increases machine availability
Labels give products their unique identity and boost the impulse to buy at the point of sale. Although the label market accounts for just five percent of the worldwide print volume of around EUR 400 billion, it has the biggest growth potential in the industry. This is because of the high demand for labels with unusual embellishments and just-in-time delivery. The annual growth in self-adhesive labels is over four percent, increasing to double digits for digital inkjet printing. Asia is now the fastest growing label market in the world with over 40 percent, followed by Europe with 25 percent and the USA with almost 20 percent. Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG (Heidelberg) provides a comprehensive product portfolio with its subsidiary Gallus that supports label printers with digital and conventional machine systems for success in this promising market.